Voltaire once said: “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” IMAGINE invites you to plug into a collective effort to shape The State of Imagination by considering and addressing the following questions which reflect One Big Question and One Great Quest.
- What is imagination to you?
- What does it mean to imagine?
- Why is imagination important?
- How are you applying imagination in your life and work and how is it enhancing the quality of your life-work?
- How does imagination help us to be better people and live better lives?
- What can imagination do to enhance our capacity to develop personality and character?
- What is the imagination’s place in the fulfillment, happiness, and enjoyment of life?
- How does imagination create experiences that are meaningful and transformative?
- Why is exposure to the imagination and imaginative works such as the arts so essential?
- How does the imagination play a real role in life? What are the ways the imagination adds to life, society, the environment, the economy, politics, and education?
- How does imagination increase respect for other people, other countries, other races, other cultures, other civilizations, nature, the natural environment, and future generations?
- How does imagination contribute to the development of the sensitivities and sensibilities that are required for responsible citizenship?
- How does imagination give us a richer, more vivid and colorful image of reality and a more profound insight which frees us to see we are not limited to one specific reality, but can choose our own point of view?
- How is imagination a problem-solving method-practice and how does this make imaginative people some of the best problem solvers in the world?
- How can imagination enhance the capacity to make a constructive contribution to those aspects of cultural life which need improvement and change?
- What are the cooperative and symbiotic relationships that imaginative people can cultivate and nurture to provide solutions to our world’s major challenges?
- How does imagination help people to learn to develop the capabilities that are needed to function effectively in society and how to apply these creative capabilities to every problem and challenge they encounter in life?
- How does imagination help people to become more capable to respond creatively to the problems and challenges they face and discover viable, lasting, and innovative solutions to them?
- How are artists and innovators contributing to the flourishing definition of imagination and the larger Imagination Movement, Revolution, Age, and Economy?
- How can the imagination contribute to a breakthrough in each of the diverse sectors and segments of society – social, artistic, educational, recreational, political, ethical, spiritual, economic, commercial, industrial, and technological? How can imagination help us find common ground?
- How is seeing and understanding a new vision of imagination essential to our ability to live a whole, good, and inspired life; to be able to literally design our life and lifestyle?
- How is imagination a part of the process of human growth and development, of self-actualization, self-realization, and ultimate human fulfillment?
- How can we evolve and transform art-creativity-imagination-innovation-invention in ways that enhance the long-term future of our species and life as a whole?
- How can imagination help us to stay open to the unexpected and to new insights?
- How is what we call imagination really a way to look at and see anything in the world with new eyes which helps us generate new insights?
- How does art-creativity-imagination-innovation-invention help us to maintain and increase our ability to adapt to changing conditions and to transform what no longer serves us?
These are just a few of the many questions to consider. The more answers we can find, the more our ability to see the whole; a big picture scenario for the future, a vision that seeks to vastly expand our ideas of what imagination is, and more important, what it might become. This can mean, in essence, identifying superordinate goals/overarching umbrellas that transcend other priorities and agendas – goals that we all want to achieve but no one can do on their own.
All-in-all, IMAGINE asks these questions to expand and elevate the esteem we have for imagination and in the process transform limited or outdated notions about it. This is just the start of a great conversation. What are your questions and how are they fueling your Quest? Please submit them with comments, thoughts, ideas, and feedback to email@example.com